Delicious cookie bars with layers of chocolatey caramel goodness! This BATCH is soft and gooey and oozes with layers of caramel throughout!
This BATCH is soft and gooey and is packed with layers of chocolate caramel buttons. I love using buttons instead of chips in my cookies as it adds layers to the cookie making sure you get heaps of chocolate in every bite! The extra caramel in these buttons makes this cookie bar extra sweet and chewy – just how I like it!
I’ve seen so many variations of cookie bars online! I love that these are so easy to make and you can easily get 16 equal portions out of one batch. You can also mix up the flavour by adding different toppings such a rolo’s, white chocolate or any other chocolate you fancy! If you’re stuck for ideas, check out Jane’s Patisserie – you’ll be spoilt for choice with the amount of cookie flavours she has to offer! I based this recipe off her Rolo Cookie Bar recipe with a few variations.
Because this BATCH is filled with caramel, I used dark brown sugar in the cookie dough mix. This makes the cookie bar slightly darker in colour and also gives a delicious caramel/toffee flavour. If you don’t have any dark brown sugar, you can easily replace this with soft light brown sugar. I have made these cookie bars a few times now and my family loves them so no doubt there will be another BATCH on the way soon!
I hope you love these as much as I do. Enjoy!
Caramel Nibbles Cookie Bar Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Servings: 16 cookie bars
- 275g Plain Flour
- 115g Butter
- 120g Dark Brown Sugar
- 70g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1tbsp Cornflour
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 x 120g Bag of Cadbury’s Caramel Nibbles
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line a Square tin with baking paper (I used 9x9inch).
- Melt the butter until just soft in the microwave. Add both sugars and whish until fully combined.
- Mix in the vanilla bean paste and the egg. Make sure your butter is cool before adding the egg to avoid it scrambling!
- Next add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until your cookie dough is formed.
- Fold in the caramel nibbles reserving 16 nibbles to add to the cookie bar for decoration before baking.
- Press the cookie dough mixture into your tin. While you are doing this you can really make sure the nibbles are spread evenly throughout the tin so that your cookie bar has layer of caramel and chocolate! Add your remaining nibbles to the top of the cookie dough – space these out evenly so that once cut each cookie will have a nibble on the top.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Leave the cookie bar to cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes. Once cool lift out with the baking paper and cut intop 16 equal portions. If you want bigger pieces you can cut into 12 or 9 instead!
- Serve and enjoy!